- 2 Tbs Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- Approx 450gms (1 pound) zucchini, trimmed and grated (shredded)
- 2 – 2/1/2 Tbs finely chopped Italian parsley (a small handful)
- 1 tsp dried dill (or use fresh about 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 100gms (grated) Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Greek yoghurt
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about another minute over low heat.
- Add the grated zucchini to the pan and sauté until soft about 3 minutes. Add the chopped parsley, dill, oregano, chill and salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to cool
- In a bowl lightly beat the egg and yoghurt and then add the grated cheese.
- Add the cool zucchini mixture to the cheese and yoghurt mixture and set aside in the fridge to firm up for about an hour. This can be made in advance.
- When you are ready to bake the pies, gently remove two sheets of phyllo pastry from the packaging – cover the remaining pastry with a clean, damp tea towel to prevent it from drying out.
- Separate the pastry sheets and lightly brush one with melted butter, then place the unbrushed sheet on top.
- Cut the pastry sheets vertically into four equal pieces or, if you want to make smaller pies, five pieces.
- Brush the strips with butter leaving the bottom bit where the filling goes unbrushed.
- Place a dollop of the cheese and zucchini mixture (about a dessert spoon full) at the bottom end of each piece of pastry and fold over to form a triangle.
- Continue to fold the parcel over as you work your way up the strip of pastry, maintaining the triangle shape. Repeat with the other sheets of pastry.
- Lightly brush all sides of the triangle pies with melted butter.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C/350F and depending on the size of your basket cook these in 2 – 4 batches for 12-14 minutes until golden. Check after 12 minutes.
- Enjoy on their own or with tzatziki on the side to dip.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Avocado Bacon Pinwheels
In a medium bowl, mash the avocado and stir in the Greek yoghurt and lime ju...
Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Chickpeas
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat. 2. Prick the sweet pot...
This recipe makes a crispy, buttery Indian flatbr...
Kerrygold Santa Claus Cookies
1. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and quickly knead by hand or using t...