- 100g(4oz) (½ cup) caster sugar
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped shelled pistachio nuts
- 4 firm ripe peaches,halved and stoned
- 50g (2oz) (8 tbsp) Kerrygold butter ,at room temperature
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Good pinch of ground cinnamon
- Plain Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle two-thirds of the sugar into the base of a heavy-based pan and scatter the pistachio nuts on top. Heat gently for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is a golden colour. Immediately pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and leave to cool and harden. It is essential that you do this quickly as the sugar turns from golden to black in seconds.
- Meanwhile, put the peaches cut side up in an ovenproof dish that just fits them snugly. Mix together the butter, remaining sugar and the cinnamon in a bowl and then divide between the peaches, placing a small amount into the cavity left by the stone. Place under the grill for 8-10 minutes until sticky and golden, basting occasionally.
- Transfer the peaches onto plates and add a dollop of yoghurt to each one. Roughly break up the pistachio brittle and scatter on top to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Cranberry & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
A decadent twist on the classic hot cross bun recipe made with juicy cranberries...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...