- 100g(4oz) (½ cup) caster sugar
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped shelled pistachio nuts
- 4 firm ripe peaches,halved and stoned
- 50g (2oz) (8 tbsp) Kerrygold butter ,at room temperature
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Good pinch of ground cinnamon
- Plain Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle two-thirds of the sugar into the base of a heavy-based pan and scatter the pistachio nuts on top. Heat gently for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is a golden colour. Immediately pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and leave to cool and harden. It is essential that you do this quickly as the sugar turns from golden to black in seconds.
- Meanwhile, put the peaches cut side up in an ovenproof dish that just fits them snugly. Mix together the butter, remaining sugar and the cinnamon in a bowl and then divide between the peaches, placing a small amount into the cavity left by the stone. Place under the grill for 8-10 minutes until sticky and golden, basting occasionally.
- Transfer the peaches onto plates and add a dollop of yoghurt to each one. Roughly break up the pistachio brittle and scatter on top to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These delicious cookies can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons t...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...