- 100g(4oz) (½ cup) caster sugar
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped shelled pistachio nuts
- 4 firm ripe peaches,halved and stoned
- 50g (2oz) (8 tbsp) Kerrygold butter ,at room temperature
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Good pinch of ground cinnamon
- Plain Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle two-thirds of the sugar into the base of a heavy-based pan and scatter the pistachio nuts on top. Heat gently for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is a golden colour. Immediately pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and leave to cool and harden. It is essential that you do this quickly as the sugar turns from golden to black in seconds.
- Meanwhile, put the peaches cut side up in an ovenproof dish that just fits them snugly. Mix together the butter, remaining sugar and the cinnamon in a bowl and then divide between the peaches, placing a small amount into the cavity left by the stone. Place under the grill for 8-10 minutes until sticky and golden, basting occasionally.
- Transfer the peaches onto plates and add a dollop of yoghurt to each one. Roughly break up the pistachio brittle and scatter on top to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rillettes make a ravis...
BAKED PEARS with Pecans & Maple Syrup
This dessert is just perfect for a cold Autumn day. Can be served with warm cust...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...