Paul Flynn's ice-cream cake is a really impressive dessert. Deceptively easy to make and simply served with whatever fruit is in season. The kids will love making this.
Its particularly good with a mixture of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. You can also add some lemon curd for that extra tartness. The recipe makes quite a lot of lemon curd but its very handy to have in the fridge.
Its best made the night before and take it out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
To watch Paul Flynn cook this summer berry merengue cake, click here.
For the Ice cream Cake:
- Line a large bowl/dish with a triple layer of clingfilm, crisscrossing one layer with the other, making sure there is a generous overlap. (If you rub a little oil into the bowl first, it helps the clingfilm stick).
- Whisk the cream and icing sugar until medium to firm peaks.
- Break the meringue shells into the cream and fold gently until well mixed
- Transfer into a cling film lined bowl/dish, patting down evenly. Cover with the cling and freeze overnight
For the Lemon Curd:
- Place everything except the butter in a bowl and whisk well
- Place in the microwave on a low setting for one minute
- Remove and then whisk in the butter
- Continue to cook and whisk at one minute intervals until the curd starts to set. It should take three or four turns
- Transfer into clean jars and allow to cool. Keep in the fridge.
- Decorate the ice-cream merengue cake with mint & berries of your choice
- Drizzle the cake with as much lemon curd as so desired
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
Sizzling Prawns with chilli & butter
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...