- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/ 350°F / gas mark 4.
- In a bowl mix together 2 tablespoons of the fresh herbs, crushed garlic and softened butter and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the garlic and herb butter into saran wrap and roll up into the shape of sausage and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken breast fillets in between two sheets of saran wrap.
- Flatten the fillets by bashing them gently with a wooden rolling pin, until they are all even in size and about 1cm thick.
- Remove the garlic and herb butter from the freezer or fridge and slice into 1cm thick discs.
- Divide the discs of butter between the flattened chicken fillets and place on one side of the chicken breast fillets.
- Fold the non-buttered side on top, pressing down the edges of the chicken breast and pinch with your fingers.
- Cover with cling film and place in a fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place a frying pan over a medium/high heat and add enough vegetable oil to fill 2cm.
- Place the flour on a plate and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- On another plate pour the whisked eggs and on another plate mix together the breadcrumbs, remaining fresh herbs and cheddar cheese.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, dip each breast in the seasoned flour, then the egg and lastly the cheese and herb breadcrumbs.
- Fry each breast in the oil for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Then transfer to the pre-heated oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken kievs sliced on a warmed platter, with a dressed green salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Simply delicious and creative. The perfect treat for your family this Halloween...
Garlic-Butter Fried Chicken
Melt your butter and add it to a shall...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe METHOD: Start by m...