- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/ 350°F / gas mark 4.
- In a bowl mix together 2 tablespoons of the fresh herbs, crushed garlic and softened butter and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the garlic and herb butter into saran wrap and roll up into the shape of sausage and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken breast fillets in between two sheets of saran wrap.
- Flatten the fillets by bashing them gently with a wooden rolling pin, until they are all even in size and about 1cm thick.
- Remove the garlic and herb butter from the freezer or fridge and slice into 1cm thick discs.
- Divide the discs of butter between the flattened chicken fillets and place on one side of the chicken breast fillets.
- Fold the non-buttered side on top, pressing down the edges of the chicken breast and pinch with your fingers.
- Cover with cling film and place in a fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place a frying pan over a medium/high heat and add enough vegetable oil to fill 2cm.
- Place the flour on a plate and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- On another plate pour the whisked eggs and on another plate mix together the breadcrumbs, remaining fresh herbs and cheddar cheese.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, dip each breast in the seasoned flour, then the egg and lastly the cheese and herb breadcrumbs.
- Fry each breast in the oil for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Then transfer to the pre-heated oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken kievs sliced on a warmed platter, with a dressed green salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Honey Glazed Ham
It's not a holiday feast without the Christmas ham and this recipe for a sticky...
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Roasted Carrots with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they n...
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....