- 80g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 organic chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 8 spring onions
- 16 cherry tomatoes (left on their vines if possible)
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped into two-inch pieces
- 16 baby potatoes (new potatoes or Jersey royals)
- 250ml white wine (optional)
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Place a casserole dish over a medium heat and add half the butter.
3. Once the butter has melted, sear the chicken pieces skin side down until lightly browned and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the casserole and set aside.
4. Add the rest of the butter and sear the onions, carrots and tomatoes. Then return the chicken to the pot along with the baby potatoes.
5. Pour in the white wine and simmer for five minutes, allowing the alcohol to evaporate.
6. Whisk together the chicken stock, lemon zest and juice, mustard and honey. Pour into the casserole. Slice up the leftover lemon and add to the dish.
7. Add the herbs. Stir and cover.
8. Cook in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Chocolate eclairs, an all-time classic with a twist - roasted hazelnuts add a lo...
Herb & Chilli Butter on BBQ Prawns
Butter is one of the most versatile and widely used ingredients by chefs all ove...
Sizzling Prawns with chilli & butter
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Basic Sticky Buns
In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter; pour into a 13 X 9-inc...