- 80g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 organic chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 8 spring onions
- 16 cherry tomatoes (left on their vines if possible)
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped into two-inch pieces
- 16 baby potatoes (new potatoes or Jersey royals)
- 250ml white wine (optional)
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Place a casserole dish over a medium heat and add half the butter.
3. Once the butter has melted, sear the chicken pieces skin side down until lightly browned and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the casserole and set aside.
4. Add the rest of the butter and sear the onions, carrots and tomatoes. Then return the chicken to the pot along with the baby potatoes.
5. Pour in the white wine and simmer for five minutes, allowing the alcohol to evaporate.
6. Whisk together the chicken stock, lemon zest and juice, mustard and honey. Pour into the casserole. Slice up the leftover lemon and add to the dish.
7. Add the herbs. Stir and cover.
8. Cook in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...