- 80g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1 organic chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 8 spring onions
- 16 cherry tomatoes (left on their vines if possible)
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped into two-inch pieces
- 16 baby potatoes (new potatoes or Jersey royals)
- 250ml white wine (optional)
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Place a casserole dish over a medium heat and add half the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, sear the chicken pieces skin side down until lightly browned and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the casserole and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter and sear the onions, carrots and tomatoes. Then return the chicken to the pot along with the baby potatoes.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer for five minutes, allowing the alcohol to evaporate.
- Whisk together the chicken stock, lemon zest and juice, mustard and honey. Pour into the casserole. Slice up the leftover lemon and add to the dish.
- Add the herbs. Stir and cover.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Summerberry Ice-cream Meringue Cake
Paul Flynn's ice-cream cake is a really impressive dessert. Deceptively eas...
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Paul Flynn has created the perfect dish for the all fa...
Pear, cheddar & bacon sandwich
To poach the pears: Firstly you will need to p...