- For the Bacon Jam:
- 500g bacon
- 175g shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder, spicy
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 60 ml of whiskey
- 70 ml maple syrup
- 65 g brown sugar
- 30 ml of apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- For the sandwich:
- Good quality bread
- Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 egg per bread
- Salt & pepper
For the Bacon Jam:
- cut the bacon into approx. 1x1 cm pieces.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and then add the bacon.
- Slowly cook the bacon on a low heat and let it crisp. This can take 30-40 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove the finished bacon from the fat and place it on a dish with kitchen paper to drain.
- Pour away the remaining fat from the pan, leaving about 1 tbsp.
- Now fry the onion, shallot and garlic in the remaining fat, which will take a few minutes.
- Add the Sriracha sauce, the smoked paprika and pepper and stir well.
- Put the whiskey in the pan with the maple syrup and let it boil once. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Now add the apple cider vinegar and the brown sugar, mix everything and simmer for another 2-3 minutes until the liquid is slightly reduced.
- Add the bacon back into the pan and stir. Simmer for another 5-6 minutes until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Then put the Bacon Jam in clean jars, let it cool and then store in the refrigerator.
To make your sandwich:
- Cut the bread into thick slices, add butter to it and then cover with the cheese.
- Then spread a few teaspoons of bacon jam and fry your eggs (with butter) and put on it.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Pan Fried Hake with Lemon & Herb butter sauce
Of course this recipe is great with just parsley but experiment with a combin...
Braised Red Cabbage
Tantalize your tastebuds with this stunning side dish. It looks divine and it ta...