- For the Bacon Jam:
- 500g bacon
- 175g shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder, spicy
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 60 ml of whiskey
- 70 ml maple syrup
- 65 g brown sugar
- 30 ml of apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- For the sandwich:
- Good quality bread
- Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 egg per bread
- Salt & pepper
For the Bacon Jam:
- cut the bacon into approx. 1x1 cm pieces.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and then add the bacon.
- Slowly cook the bacon on a low heat and let it crisp. This can take 30-40 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove the finished bacon from the fat and place it on a dish with kitchen paper to drain.
- Pour away the remaining fat from the pan, leaving about 1 tbsp.
- Now fry the onion, shallot and garlic in the remaining fat, which will take a few minutes.
- Add the Sriracha sauce, the smoked paprika and pepper and stir well.
- Put the whiskey in the pan with the maple syrup and let it boil once. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Now add the apple cider vinegar and the brown sugar, mix everything and simmer for another 2-3 minutes until the liquid is slightly reduced.
- Add the bacon back into the pan and stir. Simmer for another 5-6 minutes until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Then put the Bacon Jam in clean jars, let it cool and then store in the refrigerator.
To make your sandwich:
- Cut the bread into thick slices, add butter to it and then cover with the cheese.
- Then spread a few teaspoons of bacon jam and fry your eggs (with butter) and put on it.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These delicious cookies can be packed into cellophane bags and tied with rib...
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously crea...
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect...