- 150 ml lukewarm milk
- 7g dry yeast or 25g fresh yeast
- 100g sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 480-530g strong bread flour
- 150 g of yoghurt
- 60 g + tbsp melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 egg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Green food gel colour
- 150ml vegetable oil for frying
- 200 g jam
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Sugar sprinkles
- Mix lukewarm milk, 2 tablespoons of flour, sugar and yeast. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Put flour in a bowl, add salt and mix with the butter. Add the yeast mixture. Add yoghurt and egg to the mixture and knead into a smooth dough.
- Rub the kneaded dough with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and leave to rest for 60 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 24 small or 12 large pieces after resting. Form each into a ball and sprinkle lightly with flour on a baking tray to rest covered for another hour.
- Meanwhile, pour 150 g melted butter into a small saucepan and heat. It should be about 150°C (medium heat) hot.
- After the resting phase, carefully add the yeast dough balls to the hot butter and fry for approx. 2-4 minutes from each side (longer, depending on size).
- Allow doughnuts to cool.
- Stir the jam until it's runny and then place in a piping bag with a long hole spout. Fill the doughnuts with jam.
- In a bowl sieve the powdered sugar in and, using a whisk, gradually stir in the milk until the mixture has a thick consistency.Stir in the gel colour as desired.
- Ice the doughnuts, add sprinkles, and leave to set.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Smoked Haddock Chowder
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe Method:...
Loaded Baked Eggs with Lemon Butter Sauce
Baked eggs with wi...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...