- 150 ml lukewarm milk
- 7g dry yeast or 25g fresh yeast
- 100g sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 480-530g strong bread flour
- 150 g of yoghurt
- 60 g + tbsp melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 egg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Green food gel colour
- 150ml vegetable oil for frying
- 200 g jam
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Sugar sprinkles
- Mix lukewarm milk, 2 tablespoons of flour, sugar and yeast. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Put flour in a bowl, add salt and mix with the butter. Add the yeast mixture. Add yoghurt and egg to the mixture and knead into a smooth dough.
- Rub the kneaded dough with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and leave to rest for 60 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 24 small or 12 large pieces after resting. Form each into a ball and sprinkle lightly with flour on a baking tray to rest covered for another hour.
- Meanwhile, pour 150 g melted butter into a small saucepan and heat. It should be about 150°C (medium heat) hot.
- After the resting phase, carefully add the yeast dough balls to the hot butter and fry for approx. 2-4 minutes from each side (longer, depending on size).
- Allow doughnuts to cool.
- Stir the jam until it's runny and then place in a piping bag with a long hole spout. Fill the doughnuts with jam.
- In a bowl sieve the powdered sugar in and, using a whisk, gradually stir in the milk until the mixture has a thick consistency.Stir in the gel colour as desired.
- Ice the doughnuts, add sprinkles, and leave to set.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Loaded Baked Eggs with Lemon Butter Sauce
Baked eggs with wi...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
Garlic-Butter Fried Chicken
Melt your butter and add it to a shall...
Herb & Chilli Butter on BBQ Prawns
Butter is one of the most versatile and widely used ingredients by chefs all ove...
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Method Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6. Heat the o...