- 150 ml lukewarm milk
- 7g dry yeast or 25g fresh yeast
- 100g sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 480-530g strong bread flour
- 150 g of yoghurt
- 60 g + tbsp melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 egg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Green food gel colour
- 150ml vegetable oil for frying
- 200 g jam
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Sugar sprinkles
- Mix lukewarm milk, 2 tablespoons of flour, sugar and yeast. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Put flour in a bowl, add salt and mix with the butter. Add the yeast mixture. Add yoghurt and egg to the mixture and knead into a smooth dough.
- Rub the kneaded dough with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and leave to rest for 60 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 24 small or 12 large pieces after resting. Form each into a ball and sprinkle lightly with flour on a baking tray to rest covered for another hour.
- Meanwhile, pour 150 g melted butter into a small saucepan and heat. It should be about 150°C (medium heat) hot.
- After the resting phase, carefully add the yeast dough balls to the hot butter and fry for approx. 2-4 minutes from each side (longer, depending on size).
- Allow doughnuts to cool.
- Stir the jam until it's runny and then place in a piping bag with a long hole spout. Fill the doughnuts with jam.
- In a bowl sieve the powdered sugar in and, using a whisk, gradually stir in the milk until the mixture has a thick consistency.Stir in the gel colour as desired.
- Ice the doughnuts, add sprinkles, and leave to set.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Pan Fried Hake with Lemon & Herb butter sauce
Of course this recipe is great with just parsley but experiment with a combin...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...