- 250 g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 250 g of fine brown sugar
- 300 ml Guinness
- 200 g raisins
- 200 g of sultanas
- 100 g of orange zest
- 100 g of lemon zest
- 600 g of flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml Guinness
- Cream for icing, optional
- Slowly heat the butter, sugar and Guinness in a pot and stir until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add raisins, sultanas, orange zest and lemon zest. Simmer for 15 minutes and then let the whole thing cool.
- Beat eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease a round baking tin (diameter 24 cm) with a little butter.
- Sift flour, baking soda and spices into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cooled mixture and the beaten eggs.
- Put the dough in the tin. Bake in the oven for 1.5 hours. Use a wooden skewer to check if the cake is baked. If no dough sticks to the stick, the cake is ready.
- Then let the cake in the baking dish to cool for 30 minutes.
- Take the cake out, pierce holes in the bottom and add 4 to 5 tablespoons of extra Guinness.
- Wrap the cake in foil and let it rest for three to four days.
- Add some Guinness every day in the same way.
- When you’re ready to serve you can top with whipped cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Smoked Haddock Chowder
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe Method:...
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate...
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
Cheesy Potato Soup
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fit...