- 250 g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 250 g of fine brown sugar
- 300 ml Guinness
- 200 g raisins
- 200 g of sultanas
- 100 g of orange zest
- 100 g of lemon zest
- 600 g of flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml Guinness
- Cream for icing, optional
- Slowly heat the butter, sugar and Guinness in a pot and stir until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add raisins, sultanas, orange zest and lemon zest. Simmer for 15 minutes and then let the whole thing cool.
- Beat eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease a round baking tin (diameter 24 cm) with a little butter.
- Sift flour, baking soda and spices into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cooled mixture and the beaten eggs.
- Put the dough in the tin. Bake in the oven for 1.5 hours. Use a wooden skewer to check if the cake is baked. If no dough sticks to the stick, the cake is ready.
- Then let the cake in the baking dish to cool for 30 minutes.
- Take the cake out, pierce holes in the bottom and add 4 to 5 tablespoons of extra Guinness.
- Wrap the cake in foil and let it rest for three to four days.
- Add some Guinness every day in the same way.
- When you’re ready to serve you can top with whipped cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
This recipe makes perfectly crisp gingerbread house that will have everyone g...
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate...
Linguine with Prawns
Starring in our Memories in the Making TV advert, this simple easy dish is on...