- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a mixer, beat the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Introduce the golden syrup and egg yolk to the butter and sugar mixture and blend well.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, bread soda and spices) and sift into the bowl and blend until the mixture starts to resemble breadcrumbs.
- With your hands, shape the dough in to a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for approx. 30 minutes before using.
- On a lightly floured surface, thinly roll out dough and use gingerbread man cutters to cut out shapes. Place on an oven tray lined with a baking sheet leaving a space between each.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour. Transfer to a wire tray for cooling.
- Once completely cool, decorate as you please!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roast Tarragon Chicken with Chestnut Mushroom Risotto
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
Farmette’s Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...