- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a mixer, beat the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Introduce the golden syrup and egg yolk to the butter and sugar mixture and blend well.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, bread soda and spices) and sift into the bowl and blend until the mixture starts to resemble breadcrumbs.
- With your hands, shape the dough in to a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for approx. 30 minutes before using.
- On a lightly floured surface, thinly roll out dough and use gingerbread man cutters to cut out shapes. Place on an oven tray lined with a baking sheet leaving a space between each.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour. Transfer to a wire tray for cooling.
- Once completely cool, decorate as you please!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Shirley Shannon’s Spicy Butter Chicken
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe This family favourite, from the Sh...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...