- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a mixer, beat the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Introduce the golden syrup and egg yolk to the butter and sugar mixture and blend well.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, bread soda and spices) and sift into the bowl and blend until the mixture starts to resemble breadcrumbs.
- With your hands, shape the dough in to a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for approx. 30 minutes before using.
- On a lightly floured surface, thinly roll out dough and use gingerbread man cutters to cut out shapes. Place on an oven tray lined with a baking sheet leaving a space between each.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour. Transfer to a wire tray for cooling.
- Once completely cool, decorate as you please!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...
Farmette’s Fine Fettle Flapjacks
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...