This cake is the perfect showstopper for the festive season.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line and grease 4 cake tins.
- In a stand mixer, add all the cake ingredients and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Share the mixture out between the 4 cake tins and place into the oven.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Take them out of the oven and leave to cool completely.
- In the same clean mixer, now add all the icing ingredients and whisk again until smooth and spreadable.
- Take each cake and slice through the middle of each, creating 8 cake layers in total.
- Start icing each cake and build up on your chosen plate, leaving you with a tower of cakes!
- With the remaining icing, cover the whole cake but leave with a few gaps showing – this is called nude icing.
- Decorate as you wish, perhaps with a flourish of icing sugar.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rory O’Connell’s Nougatine Biscuits
Rory O'Connell's nougatine biscuits are delicate, brittle and melt in the mou...
ROAST BUTTERY BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Preheat your oven to 190c/gas 6. With a large knife, caref...
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...
Chicken Liver PÂTÉ with Balsamic Vinegar & Capers
This chicken liver pâté is full of gutsy flavours and is a wonderful star...
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...