- 6 tablespoons polenta
- 100g freshly grated Parmesan
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2kg parsnips, quartered and core removed
- 50g Kerrygold butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C (400F), gas mark 6.
- Mix together the polenta, Parmesan, nutmeg and a good grinding of black pepper and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, then tip in the parsnips and cook for 6 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and then while the parsnips are still hot, toss with the Parmesan mixture to coat.
- Set a large roasting tin over the hop and melt the butter.
- Add the parsnips and quickly turn to coat in the melted butter.
- Put the tin in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then turn the parsnips over and cook for another 20 minutes or so until cooked through and golden.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
Barbecue Potato Spice with Harissa Herbal Butter Dip
Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes....
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH PEAS, RADISHES AND MINT
Place the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water and add 1 ta...