- 225g Kerrygold butter at room temperature
- 125g icing sugar, sieved
- 325g plain flour
- 35g ground almonds
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- Icing sugar and edible silver balls to decorate
- Add the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and egg yolk into a mixing bowl, then beat together with a wooden spoon until creamy (or mix in a food processor until well combined)
- Sift the flour and salt together in a separate bowl and add the ground almonds
- Add the flour and almonds mixture slowly to the sugar butter mixture and beat until everything just comes together to form a dough. Take care not to over mix it
- Shape the dough into two flat rounds and wrap in cling film
- Chill in the fridge for 20/30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out to 1/2cm thick
- Cut Christmassy shapes like stars out of the dough using Christmas cookie cutters
- When you've made your first set of cookies, gather the leftover pastry cuttings and bring them together
- Dust the worktop with more flour and roll out the pastry again to make as many cookies as possible until the pastry is all used up
- Place the cookies onto the lined baking sheets, leaving a little space between each one, and bake in the oven for 10/12 minutes until a light golden colour
- Allow the biscuits to cool on the tray
- Meanwhile, mix some sieved icing sugar with a few drops of cold water to make a thick icing
- Spread or pipe over the cooled biscuits and decorate with edible silver balls
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
MUSSELS COOKED WITH CREAM, CHORIZO, GARLIC AND FLAT – LEAF PARSLEY
Start by prepping the mussels. The shells should be tightly shut and...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...