- 25g Kerrygold butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g self-rising flour, sieved
- ¾ tsp mixed spice
- Brandy butter
- Icing sugar
- Cranberries (optional)
- Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the egg and whisk with a fork.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the flour and mixed spice. Mix the batter with a fork until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a mug. Microwave for 1 minute until risen. Take care not to overcook.
- Take a slice off the top of the cake and decorate with some cranberries and a dollop of brandy butter. Pop the lid back on the cake, sieve on some icing sugar and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Honey Glazed Ham
It's not a holiday feast without the Christmas ham and this recipe for a sticky...
SOLE WITH DULCE BUTTER
For the Pan Fried Sole: Season the flour with salt and pepper and s...
French Toast (Pain Perdu)
Whisk the egg, icing sugar and whole milk together thoroughly and po...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Roasted Carrots with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they need...