- 25g Kerrygold butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g self-rising flour, sieved
- ¾ tsp mixed spice
- Brandy butter
- Icing sugar
- Cranberries (optional)
- Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the egg and whisk with a fork.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the flour and mixed spice. Mix the batter with a fork until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a mug. Microwave for 1 minute until risen. Take care not to overcook.
- Take a slice off the top of the cake and decorate with some cranberries and a dollop of brandy butter. Pop the lid back on the cake, sieve on some icing sugar and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms with cheese
45 minutes is a long time to cook garlic but when you taste the resulting purée...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...