- 300g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 220g Kerrygold butter
- 4 eggs
- 300g light muscovado sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 100g pecans, roughly chopped
- 100g dried cranberries
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir gently until smooth then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Combine the chocolate and butter mix with the egg mix, then gently fold in the flour, mixed spice, pecans, and cranberries until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared tin then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the brownie is firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack until cooled completely.
- Once cool, cut into squares and dust the tops with icing sugar. To be extra festive you can use a Christmas stencil to dust the tops with icing sugar!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until mel...
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm baking tin wit...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
SUMMER PASTA BAKE
Pre-heat your oven 200C Place a saucepan of water over a...
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH PEAS, RADISHES AND MINT
Place the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water and add 1 ta...