- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 150g unsalted Kerrygold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 75g dried cranberries
- 60g Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 60g Pistachios, peeled
- Place the chocolate pieces, butter, and maple syrup in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water), stirring until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- While the chocolate is melting, crush the biscuits in a pestle & mortar (or you can put them in a zip lock bag and bash using a rolling pin).
- Add the crushed biscuits, nuts & cranberries to the bowl with the the melted chocolate and stir well to mix all together.
- Lay a large piece of clingfilm on your kitchen surface. Scoop your mixture into the centre of the clingfilm and using the clingfilm and your hands, shape the mixture into a log and wrap tightly in the clingfilm. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap the biscuit cake from the clingfilm and sieve icing sugar over it to decorate. Then wrap it in baking parchment (and another layer of Christmas paper if you wish), twisting the ends so it looks like a nice Christmas Salami
- To serve, unwrap and cut into slices. You can make this recipe 2 weeks in advance of Christmas.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
YELLOW CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....