- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 150g unsalted Kerrygold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 75g dried cranberries
- 60g Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 60g Pistachios, peeled
- Place the chocolate pieces, butter, and maple syrup in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water), stirring until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- While the chocolate is melting, crush the biscuits in a pestle & mortar (or you can put them in a zip lock bag and bash using a rolling pin).
- Add the crushed biscuits, nuts & cranberries to the bowl with the the melted chocolate and stir well to mix all together.
- Lay a large piece of clingfilm on your kitchen surface. Scoop your mixture into the centre of the clingfilm and using the clingfilm and your hands, shape the mixture into a log and wrap tightly in the clingfilm. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap the biscuit cake from the clingfilm and sieve icing sugar over it to decorate. Then wrap it in baking parchment (and another layer of Christmas paper if you wish), twisting the ends like a Christmas cracker. Tie Christmas ribbon on the ends so it looks like a nice Christmas cracker!
- To serve, unwrap and cut into slices. You can make this recipe 2 weeks in advance of Christmas.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chilli Butter Poached Prawns
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
CHOCOLATE AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
ROSEMARY, CRANBERRY AND CLEMENTINE BUTTER
METHOD: 1. Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the ba...