- 1 Turkey
- 170g Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Parsley stalks
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 butter muslin
The secret weapon for a deliciously moist turkey is a piece of fine cotton going by the glorious name "butter muslin", available in most kitchen shops. So easy it almost seems too good to be true - but it's gorgeous, a crunchy golden skin and moist meat beneath.
- Weigh the turkey and calculate the appropriate cooking time.
- Set the oven to 180C and stuff the turkey.
- Melt 170g Kerrygold butter and soak the large piece of butter muslin in it, until all the butter has been absorbed.
- Season the turkey well with salt and pepper.
- Place it in a large roasting tray and add 1/2 an onion, 2 bay leaves, and a few parsley stalks.
- Drape the muslin over the turkey, completely covering it with a double layer of muslin.
- Roast in the oven for the time calculated (a 12lb turkey should take 3 - 3 1/2 hours).
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate...
Linguine with Prawns
Starring in our Memories in the Making TV advert, this simple easy dish is on...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your brussel sprouts end up perfectly cook...
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....