- 20 large asparagus spears
- 20 thin sliced pancetta (Italian streaky bacon)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- For the lemon butter sauce
- 120ml (4fl oz) ( ½ cup) cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 25g (1oz) (2 tbsp), diced and at room temperature Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the asparagus spears and then blanch in a pan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes until almost tender but still with a slight bite.
- Drain the asparagus spears and quickly refresh under cold water, then pat dry on kitchen paper. Wrap each asparagus spear in a slice of pancetta and arrange on a plate. Drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste.
- To make the lemon butter sauce, place the cream and mustard in a small pan and whisk for 1 minute. Whisk in the butter, cornflour and lemon juice, then continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the chives and season to taste. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot. Add the wrapped asparagus spears and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp and lightly golden, turning regularly.
- To serve, arrange the griddled asparagus on warmed plates and spoon over the lemon butter sauce.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tr...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit of...