- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp minced root ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 large ripe tomato,peeled, seeded and diced
- 225ml (1 cup) milk
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fragrant basmati rice and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the butter in a large heavy-based pan with a lid. Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until golden brown. Add the ginger, garlic, coriander, curry powder, chilli powder, turmeric and one teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir the tomato purée into the onion mixture with the fresh tomato and cook for another 3-4 minutes until thickened and bubbling.
- Stir in the milk and then add the chicken. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked through but still soft.
- Remove the lid and reduce the liquid for a minute or two. Stir in the garam masala with the cream and season to taste. Bring to a simmer but do not allow to boil.
- To serve, arrange the butter chicken masala on warmed plates with the fragrant basmati rice and scatter over the coriander leaves.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
BUTTER CHICKEN MASALA
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...