- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp minced root ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 large ripe tomato,peeled, seeded and diced
- 225ml (1 cup) milk
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fragrant basmati rice and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the butter in a large heavy-based pan with a lid. Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until golden brown. Add the ginger, garlic, coriander, curry powder, chilli powder, turmeric and one teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir the tomato purée into the onion mixture with the fresh tomato and cook for another 3-4 minutes until thickened and bubbling.
- Stir in the milk and then add the chicken. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked through but still soft.
- Remove the lid and reduce the liquid for a minute or two. Stir in the garam masala with the cream and season to taste. Bring to a simmer but do not allow to boil.
- To serve, arrange the butter chicken masala on warmed plates with the fragrant basmati rice and scatter over the coriander leaves.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Sizzling Prawns with chilli & butter
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Nettle Soup with pumpkin seed oil
Wash the nettles and chop them finely. Melt the...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Cranberry & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
A decadent twist on the classic hot cross bun recipe made with juicy cranberries...